02 October 2013

Knowing yourself


I think one of the hardest things for hardworking people is to know themselves well enough to know when to take a deep breath and say "I need some me time". My phone has been buzzing with reminders of things I need to check off my To Do list, but all I've wanted to do for the last two days is lie in bed and read or watch TV. And that's okay, especially with how hard I've been working.

(Plus fall television is fabulous. Who else is loving the new seasons of How I Met Your Mother & Modern Family?)

It does help that I can relax in peace, not worrying about how I'm going to finance my E-Fund or mattress. I've been extremely fortunate on this financial journey, and I'm preparing for the worst while hoping for the best.

Halloween is one of my all-time favorite holidays. October is going to be a super fun (albeit, expensive) month with Scarywood, my annual fall baking spree, scary movies and books, not to mention small town university Homecoming is something no one should miss (especially when you have a tailgate bus and endzone tickets).

What's your favorite Halloween or fall tradition?



post signature

No comments: