18 September 2013

Slowly but surely


Patience is a virtue that I do not possess. I'm surprise myself daily on how patient I can be. For example, I just waited two hours at Starbucks (before moving to the library) to download iOS7. I was reading during that time and just got bored and wanted to blog, but me sitting still is as easy as keeping a toddler still. It doesn't happen often.

So this whole new life has been kind of a Patient Project for me. I play it like a game of willpower. I'm competitive, so it works. Plus the competition is me rather than someone else. I was always best at individual sports.

I could go thrift shopping, blow my budget, and buy every piece of furniture or DIY supply that I need for my apartment. But if I do that, I won't be able to get the furniture I really want. I won't be able to have the satisfaction of seeing my debt balance decrease for that month. Opportunity cost seriously keeps me in check.

My patience has been rewarded greatly, though. I've gotten three new petsitting clients and 3 stays booked for the month of October. Profits from those will come in handy for my Emergency Fund and partially for my upcoming trip to Seattle in November.

There's so many things I want to do right now. I guess that's what happens when you have a fresh start in life. So many possibilities and opportunities. Just gotta take it one step at a time. Pinterest helps too. It's almost like doing it in real life, right??


post signature

No comments: