01 September 2013

Chin up, buttercup


One thing I learned pretty quickly in my adult life was the importance of attitude. Whether you choose to have a positive attitude or negative attitude can seriously affect your life circumstances. Guess what...listen really closely....

(The only thing constant in life is change.)

Change isn't always easy right away...and it certainly can suck in the moment. I'm not particularly religious, but I do believe there is a reason for everything. Life is one big adventurous lesson waiting to unfold the moment we're born. Those lessons get harder as we get older. Especially when we reach teenage and early adulthood.

I've been going through a ton of change in the last month; pretty much in every way imaginable. But even with the bad, I'm glad to be learning these particular lessons now while I'm young and I only need to take care of myself, rather than having dependents and my decisions affect more than just me.

Either you can make the change or life can throw you a curveball and make change happen. How you deal with it is really the key to being happy when the world seems to be crashing down around you (again).

I could sit and gripe about how unfair my life is, but I don't think it is that unfair. Terrible things have happened to me, yes, and sometimes it gets the best of me, but for the most part, I'm pretty fortunate.

The bad times lead to some really good times, just like these "bad" times (they're not THAT bad...) are leading to some great times. Why? Because I say so.


make life happen

So while I may not have furniture, internet, extra money, fancy things, or whatever, at least I have an apartment (of my own, with no roommates), a good job I like, food in my fridge (most days), amazing friends and family who love me, and a plan.

post signature

No comments: