19 January 2013

Behind the scenes of the highlight reel



Behind every "I have the best boyfriend ever!" post, there's been a fight to make him so.

Behind every organized planner, there's a messy closet, a pile of unpaid bills, and something forgotten.

Behind every perfect selfie, there's an insecurity of hairy lips, fat hips, and stretch marks.

Behind every accomplishment, there's a trail of hardships it took to get there.

Behind every engagement, there's been doubts of whether it'll work in the past and in the future.

Behind every saint, there's a past of sin.


Everyone has skeletons in their closet and dirty laundry hidden in a basket. Stop comparing your behind the scenes to everyone else's highlight reel. Life is hard for everyone in different ways.








For more self-esteem encouragement go to my Pinterest board





post signature

5 comments:

Unknown said...

I love these !
Def something I need on a day to day bases !

Jenn xo

Autumn @ Autumn All Along said...

This is SO true!

Emma Frances said...

I absolutely love this! Sometimes it's so hard to read blogs because people's lives look so perfect but I always have to remind myself that there are always behind the scenes things that we just don't know about. Thanks!!

Unknown said...

Hello!

I just nominated you for the Liebster Award... check it out here: http://kylieskrochet.blogspot.com/2013/01/liebster-award.html

Kylie

Unknown said...

Thank you Kylie! I'm honored. I was just nominated earlier last week as well, so I probably won't nominate more blogs, but I'll answer the questions and link back! Thanks for reading!