02 August 2012

List of 30: 02. Describe 3 legitimate fears you have and explain how they became fears.

List of 30

Fear #1: Free falling

I'm not so much afriad of heights as I am about the feeling of falling and the stomach in the throat nonsense that comes with it. I can be up in a tall building, but the elevator ride up and down gives me anxiety. Forget those free-falling rides that take you to the top of something and dropping you. I almost cried on Tower of Terror in Disneyland.

I think it's because I got stuck on the monkey bars in 1st grade because forgot how to get down and then I was on a free-fall ride that refused to stop. You'll notice on my bucket list  the clichéd item of sky diving isn't on there. Well, that's why. Not my cup of tea...or shot of whiskey.


Fear #2: Bugs that fly

Things that sting, things that bite, beetles that belong on the ground, flies, lady bugs, and anything else with wings that can chase me around freak me out. Butterflies are cool because they don't fly, they flutter. And they're pretty. But those other things I listed? Screw that. I hate mosquito bites (along with the rest of the human race) and I currently have one on my back that is driving me insane as my shirt rubs against it. I've never been stung by anything and I'd like to keep it that way. Oh and ants, especially if they fly. We had an ant infestation at the beginning of this summer and that was pure hell.

I just don't like being chased by tiny things that I can't keep track of and usually buzz.

Fear #3: Stupidity

It really concerns me how many stupid people there are in the world. I don't want this to sound pompous, but I like knowledge and learning and when someone asks me an ignorant question or chides me because I enjoy educational documentaries over the new Tyler Perry movie, it really makes me wonder where the world is going. We spend more time watching idiots on MTV binge drink and screw everything that moves than progressing and investing in our personal futures. Most would rather watch 16 and Pregnant than see girls the same age kicking some ass in the Olympics. It gives me hope for the human race when I see someone who is kind for the sake of kindness, rather than for the glory of the title of being kind. I love when people are learning for the sake of learning (you wouldn't believe how many people give me crap for learning languages on my own instead of going to college and getting a degree in it).

Most of all I love people who live off the beaten path and go their own way, rather than succomb to the norm. I try and influence people to think outside the box (something I've apparently been able to do since infancy, according to my mom) and live their life how they want to, rather than how they think they're supposed to.

And lastly, intelligence is a wonderful thing, but what you do with it matters more.

post signature

No comments: