30 March 2013

List of 30: 5. What are the 5 things that make you most happy right now?


{List of 30}

No. 1:

The sun. It's beginning to be springtime in our part of the world and I'm enjoying afternoons feeling it's warmth as I take in a good book or go for a bike or scooter ride.



No. 2:

My Bookworm Bitches book club on Goodreads (find us here). I'm enjoying the featured reads and interacting with the other "bitches"

No. 3:

My two language learning tools: Duolingo & the Radio Lingua Network. Oh geez, I could go on and on about these programs. Duolingo is a lot like Rosetta Stone. It should be used as a supplement to another form of language study if you're learning the language for the first time (as opposed to maintaining it).

No. 4:

Rick Steves. Yes, Rick Steves is making me extremely happy right now and I'll tell you why: it is now less than a year from when I plan to go to Europe. His Rick Steves Travel podcasts (find them here) are keeping me from doing something drastic (like booking my flight anyway and ending up with no money for anything else).

No. 5:

My job. I recently got a great review with some constructive criticism and a raise (I had never had one before). My paychecks are adding up quickly for the ZOEuroFund (see what I did there? I think I'm really clever...). The busy season of the hotel is coming closer and I really can't wait to get to work, most days (unless I'm too happy riding around on Sugar and reading a book...not at the same time of course).

What is making you happy right now?

post signature

2 comments:

Adriana from Glitter & Sarcasm said...

Love the ZOEuroFund. Congrats on the raise and yeaaaa the sun always make me happy!

Unknown said...

Finding out I am going back to school for my Master's of Art in History. Planning my two week European escapade. Working a job I love. Preparing for my upcoming horse shows. :) Life is good!