29 December 2012

See a professional ballet

Now that the holiday season is coming to an end, I guess I can write a little update. Especially from my 101 in 1001 list, as there are some great updates on that. I'll space them out over the next few days/weeks so I'll actually be posting. Oops. Life takes me away sometimes. Kudos to those bloggers dedicated and disciplined enough to write every day!

Number 92 on  my list is "See a professional ballet"

It's been a while since I've actually seen a ballet done by a professional company, rather than a local ballet studio and it's students. Riley and I went into Spokane to see the State Street Ballet put on The Nutcracker (my favorite holiday tradition).

As a former dancer, I cherish the art and sport of ballet. The amount of artistry and strength it takes to convey a character and execute the steps perfectly is phenomenal and takes me into a different world.

You can take the dancer out of the dance, but you can't take the dance out of the dancer, I guess!

Riley really didn't know what to expect, but he enjoyed himself. The company did a great job of appealing to all audiences, and not stuffy old ballet-loving grandma's like me.

In true theater etiqutte, I didn't take any pictures during the show, but beforehand we did go and look at the Christmas Tree Elegance auction at River Park Square mall and the Davenport Hotel. Some great pictures were taken by the Spokane Review, which you can see here.

Each Christmas tree had a theme with themed and cash prizes and patrons bought raffle tickets to win them.




My favorite, since it was book themed. See the garland made out of book pages?




Christmas is really one of my favorite times of year.

Hope your holiday (whichever you celebrate, if at all) was great and Happy New Year to you all!


post signature

No comments: