24 January 2014

Budget: 20 December - 20 January



People often say that motivation doesn't last. Well, neither does bathing - that's why we recommend it daily.
Zig Ziglar


I totally forgot to post the last payperiod update, so this is a superpost.

I went way overbudget the last couple of months. *cringe* More money, more problems, indeed.



Recap of 20 December payperiod:

{Click to zoom}


Well the good news is, I paid off Dentist 1 and part of my Medical CC. 
The bad news is, I went WAY overbudget by being impulsive and lazy during my petsitting stay 
(that wasn't a very good week for me, mentally) 
You live and you learn.




Recap of 5 January payperiod:


{Click to zoom}



Baseboard heaters = money suckers. Snuggle up buttercup, because those suckers are not getting cranked anymore. I bought a heater to keep me and the kitty meow cozy.

It was also pointed out to me that the formula I was using for the "difference" section was incorrect, so I changed that to reflect ACTUAL (minus) BUDGETED to show how much I was over or under budget (thanks for pointing that out, Nancy).

Food was overbudget due to me deciding to do this detox. I was nodding off at work after 9 hours of sleep and 6 cups of coffee. I had played with my sleep and exercise schedules and finally concluded it had to be my diet. So I found a detox online and I had to buy all these groceries. Then I realized the detox was not the right one for me. I finished it, but still had a ton of food left over. Which isn't terrible, considering it was all vegetables and fruit and I've been able to spread it throughout the month.

Corduroy was having issues in his Fecal Fort (catbox). That was solved by a bigger box. I plan on getting him one of those cabinets, so I just hope it fits.

I totally forgot to account for prorated charges in the internet department. I adjusted for next month's budget.

Hot dog, this is an exciting two months!!! With the snowball minimum payment process, I paid off yet another creditor and be free of that debt. Since I got my holiday pay with this check, I applied (most of) that toward my last non-student loan debt. WHOOHOO!!!!!!




20 January payperiod:

{Click to zoom}


Notice something different? Like lower rent.....?

I bit the bullet and decided to get a roommate. I can't deny the math any more. As much as I love living on my own, having a roommate will exponentially open doors to me being debt free, which, in turn, will allow me access to fulfilling my dreams. Debt freedom date: Spring 2015

He moves in at the beginning of February. I'm finally getting around to paying my pet deposit, since he has a dog.

Tax season is upon us! I'm super excited to file my taxes, because I know I'm getting at least some money back from student loan interest. I know I'm getting a stipend for my health insurance, but that will be placed in a special account and only used for that, since it completely covers my premium for a year. Thanks Obamacare :o)



post signature

No comments: